Congratulations, you’ve made it to the 9 th week! At this stage, your baby, although still very tiny, is growing faster than you can imagine. Would you believe us if we told you that your baby is already the size of a cherry? Well, we’re not joking! Read on to know more about your baby’s developments and the do’s and don’ts you need to follow this week.
9 weeks into your pregnancy, the feeling that your life is going to change drastically very soon will start settling upon you. Here’s a guide to everything that will occur in this period of pregnancy.
- The baby’s face is slowly starting to form
- Your baby now has eyes which are more prominent and a mouth and tongue (with tiny taste buds)
- Your baby’s eyelids are beginning to form
Book an online appointment with Dr Gopal Agrawal for pediatric/neonatal related issues
- The baby has grown to 22mm in length from head to bottom
- The internal organs are fast developing
- The placenta is developed now and will take over the very important job of producing hormones
- Your baby’s spinal cord “tail” has disappeared, making it look more human
- Your baby now has an audible heartbeat, which is at 160-170 beats per minute
- Your strong guy is slowly beginning to form tiny muscles
- Your baby will soon upgrade from being an embryo to a fetus; the development has begun
- Your baby now has visible toes
- Arm and leg movement has slowly begun in your baby, now that the muscles are beginning to form
- It is still too early in the pregnancy to conduct a successful abdominal ultrasound, so ultrasound is conducted through vaginal ultrasound, known as TVS
- You can expect to see the head, body, and limbs at the ultrasound this week
- You will be able to hear your baby’s heartbeat. In case you cannot, it is most likely due to the position of your baby within the womb
- A careful examination of the region around the gestational sac will be conducted. This is to check for any bleeding, a condition known as a subchorionic hematoma
- The ultrasound this week will let you know if you are expecting twins
Don’t miss Vaccination Schedule for your Baby, Book Home Vaccination Online. Cloudnine will come to your doorstep to provide your babies with crucial vaccinations
Taking care of yourself is extremely important and optimum during this period and to prepare for days to come as the miracle unfolds with you. Your activities of self-love will also be beneficial for your baby. Here are a few things you can do:
- Take a walk, as keeping yourself fit will reduce the chances of any further complications during your pregnancy period
- Drink lots of water. It acts as a medium through which a lot of important nutrients are passed on to your child
Want to consult a Pediatric doctor? Book Online Consultation with the best Pediatrician in India
- Exercising regularly helps a lot during the labor process.
- Treat yourself to new lifestyle changes, like a relaxing bath or a new haircut
You’re in for a long ride ahead. Take care of yourself and enjoy the beautiful journey you have embarked upon.
Watch video on Brown Discharge During Pregnancy