Getting a backache or back pain isvery common during pregnancy, especially in the early stage.
During pregnancy, the ligaments in your body tend to become softer and stretch to prepare you for labour. This, in turn, can put a strain on the joints of your lower back and pelvis, which can lead to back pain.
● Bend your knees and keep your back straight when picking up something from the floor
● Do not lift heavy objects
● Make sure to wear flat shoes to evenly distribute your weight
● When carrying shopping, try to balance the weight between bags
● When sitting, keep your back straight and well-supported. You can even get yourself maternity support pillows
● Get sufficient rest, especially later in pregnancy
● Use a good mattress that supports you efficiently – try putting a piece of hardboard under a soft mattress to make it firmer
● Get yourself a massage or a warm bath
● Join a group or individual back care class.
Book an Appointment with Dr. Triveni Arun for all the concerns related to Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
If your backache gets worse, talk to your doctor. They may refer you to an obstetric physiotherapist, who can further guide you and recommend some helpful exercises.
You have a back pain and you:
● Are in your second or third trimester – this may be an indication of early labour
● Notice bleeding from your vagina, experience pain when you pee or have a fever
● Experience pain in one or more of your sides below your ribs
Must Read: Pregnancy – Tips and Did You Know?
Want to consult the best gynecologists in India? Please find the links below.
Want to consult the best Maternity Packages in India? Please find the links below.