On Cloudnine Malleshwaram, we are dedicated to serving our clients with the best services employing the least painful surgical methods to cure major gynaecological problems. Minimal Invasive surgeries are techniques which utilize ‘minimally invasive’ procedures that limit the size of incisions (surgical cuts on the surface to enter the body) needed and therefore help in faster wound healing, less pain and shorter recovery time.
Want to consult an expert? Find the best gynecologist in Malleshwaram, Bengaluru
Gynaecologists trained in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialize in evaluating and treating women who have a wide range of noncancerous (benign) gynecologic conditions, including heavy menstrual periods (menorrhagia), irregular menstrual periods, pelvic pain, endometriosis and ovarian cysts.
With the advancement of medicine, minimally invasive procedures have gained popularity and are the treatment of choice for many medical conditions.
Advantages or benefits of minimally invasive surgery include:
Laparoscopy is an example of minimally invasive surgery that requires a few small incisions and is then performed by inserting small tubes, tiny cameras and surgical instrument into the body.
Hysteroscopy is performed by inserting the tiny camera into the uterine cavity through the vagina and hence gold standard in evaluating and treating problems inside the uterine cavity.
The Gynecology department of our hospital has trained and accredited laparoscopic gynaecologists who’ve adapted minimal invasive procedures for treating the following conditions in women:
1. Irregular, heavy menstrual bleeding: For evaluating and treating uterine problems by hysteroscopy or removing the uterus by minimally invasive techniques if needed.
2. Postmenopausal bleed: Hysteroscopy is the gold standard for evaluating uterine cavity to identify the cause of bleeding in a postmenopausal woman.
3. Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths of the uterus that appears in childbearing women. Treatment of such conditions depends on the severity of the situation and are well managed by minimally invasive surgery. Fibroids can be removed laparoscopically if they are bulging outside or by hysteroscopy if they are bulging inside the cavity. Sometimes it may require removal of the uterus if it causes heavy menstrual bleeding or pressure symptoms in women who have completed their family.
4. Endometriosis: It is a condition in which the tissue that normally lies inside the uterus grows outside the uterus. It can cause painful periods, pelvic pain and infertility. Its effective treatment requires hormonal therapy and surgery. Minimal invasive surgery is a good option and a less painful procedure for treating this disorder.
5. Ovarian cysts: It is a solid or fluid-filled sac present within or on the surface of an ovary. Ovarian cysts can cause infertility or pain. Minimal invasive surgery is done for the removal of ovarian cysts.
6. Pelvic pain: It includes painful periods, which can also be managed by minimally invasive procedures.
7. Endometrial polyps: These are small growths inside the uterus or womb and are surgically removed using minimally invasive procedures.
8. Fertility Enhancing laparoscopic surgeries: Tubal block, endometriosis, fibroid, uterus and endometrial polyps are some of the conditions causing infertility and are best handled by minimal invasive gynaecologists.
9. Tubal ectopic pregnancy: When the fertilised egg implants in the fallopian tube, it can rupture and can lead to excessive bleeding which might turn fatal. Laparoscopic surgery is one of the best options to manage ruptured tubal ectopic pregnancy.
10. Uterine Defects: Certain defects in the uterus like septate uterus can cause complications in pregnancy like abortion and premature birth. They are best tackled by a minimal invasive procedure.
11. Cervical incompetence: Cervical weakness or incompetence is a condition in which the woman’s cervix begins to dilate before the pregnancy has reached term which leads to either premature birth or loss of the pregnancy. Usually, a cervical stitch is applied during pregnancy. In repeated failed cases, laparoscopic cerclage is performed.
12. Urological problem: Involuntary passage of urine while coughing, urgency and frequent passage of urine can be very annoying especially in menopausal women. Minimally Invasive Urogynecological procedures can solve these problems.
13. Surgical Disorders in Women: Gall Bladder stones, Hernia and Infection of the Appendix are some of the Surgical problems which can be handled by Minimally Invasive Surgeries.
Watch Video on Ovarian Cysts
So if you thought that surgeries were highly painful, difficult and messy and you’d rather avoid visiting your doctor, Cloudnine Hospital, Malleshwaram is set to change that for you!
Want to consult the best gynecologists in India? Please find the links below.
Want to consult the best Maternity Packages in India? Please find the links below.