● High-mercury fish including shark, swordfish, tuna and marlin.
● Raw fish and shellfish may be adulterated with bacteria and parasites and may cause harm.
● Raw or undercooked meat may contain bacteria. Always cook the meat properly.
● Raw eggs may be adulterated with Salmonella and may pose risk. Make sure to cook eggs properly before eating.
● Organ meat is a rich source of iron, vitamin B12, vitamin A and copper. Regulate your organ meat consumption to a few ounces once a week.
● Regulate caffeine intake to under 200 mg each day. Unregulated caffeine consumption during pregnancy may affect the baby's growth and result in low birth weight.
● Raw sprouts may be adulterated with bacteria. Only eat after cooking properly.
● Fruits and vegetables may be adulterated with harmful bacteria, including Toxoplasma. Always wash them with clean water thoroughly.
● Don’t consume unpasteurized milk, cheese or fruit crush, as they pose the risk of bacterial infections.
● Avoid all sorts of alcohol. Drinking alcohol may pose a risk of miscarriage, stillbirth and fetal alcohol syndrome.
● Eating processed foods during pregnancy can increase the risk of obesity, gestational diabetes and complications. This might result in long-term health implications for you and the baby.
Book an Appointment with Dr. Triveni Arun for all the concerns related to Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Must Read: Pregnancy – Tips and Did You Know?
Want to consult the best gynecologists in India? Please find the links below.
Want to consult the best Maternity Packages in India? Please find the links below.