Summer season can be quite precarious for your baby. Your little one is very delicate and vulnerable and the scorching heat may prove to be clammy and uncomfortable.
Follow these simple tips to keep your baby cool and comfy:
1. Dress your baby right: Always dress your baby in loose-fitting, light weighted and cool cotton clothes. These kinds of clothes are generally breathable and soft on the skin. Do not overdress your baby. It may cause reddening and rashes on your baby’s body.
Want to Consult an expert? Find the best paediatrician in Pune
Whenever you step out of your house with the baby, make sure you cover your baby’s body, arms, and legs well. Dress him/her a light full sleeve shirt and long lowers with a nice wide-brimmed hat to protect him/her from harmful sun rays.
2. Suitable Diapers: Use a diaper which is made for sensitive skin. Do not use diapers, which are made of synthetic fabric, as it may cause rashes. Instead, switch to cotton nappies.
3. Stay Indoor: Avoid going out with your baby at peak heat hours, i.e. between 10 am to 4 pm. If your baby is more than 6 months, make sure you apply a water-resistant baby sunscreen lotion before you step out with him/her.
4. Hydrated: If your baby is less than 6 months, keep your infant hydrated with shorter breastfeeds but at regular intervals. And, if your baby is more than 6 months, give him/her boiled, cooled water at frequent intervals. You can also give them juice(preferably homemade), coconut water and milk etc.
5. Baby’s room cool: Keep your baby’s room cool. You can use air conditioners or room cooler to do so. But make sure that cool air does not flow directly at the baby.
6. Protect your baby from mosquito bite: Keep your home and surroundings clean in order to prevent mosquito breeding. Use a mosquito net for your baby.
Must Read: Baby Whining
Want to consult the Best Pediatricians in India? Please find the links below.