During the 3rd trimester, feeling your tiny tot move or feeling their subtle kicks can make you feel extremely precious and joyful, but at the same time, there are certain downsides towards the end of your pregnancy. You may start feeling exhausted and breathless doing very few everyday house chores. As you’re closer to the arrival of your little one, you may be going through a lot of physical pain now and then.
To Book an appointment with Dr Monica Agarwal for Gynec issues
Some of the common physical pain symptoms of3rd-trimester one may go through are listed as follows:
1. Sciatica -is pain that radiates along the path of your sciatic nerve, which branches all the way from your lower back, through your hips, and down both your legs. It usually affects only one side of the body. A way to overcome or ease this pain is to wear a support belt under and over the belly. Use pillows, a yoga ball, or a balance ball to sit on, avoid chairs as much. It is better to avoid stilettos during this phase too.
2. Swelling- you may notice some swelling in your feet or your ankles, this is caused due to your body producing almost 60% more blood volume during pregnancy, and the extra fluids accumulate in your feet. The best thing to do to reduce the swelling in your feet is to avoid standing for long intervals. Try to sit and cushion your feet on your bed or sofa in a comfortable position so it helps keep the fluids circulating.
3. Breathlessness - as your little one is getting bigger in your belly, the baby starts compressing your diaphragm, which in turn leads to shortness of breath. At this point, try stretching or doing pelvic tilts. Sleeping in a sitting position on a recliner may also help, allowing your baby to settle.
4. Restless legs and cramping - Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), is an over whelming need to constantly move your legs, it may be caused due to iron deficiency or lack of potassium. Leg cramping may also cause a lot of trouble sleeping. Although there is no real cure for this, staying hydrated and consuming enough Calcium and Vitamin D supplements may surely help.
5. Urinary frequency - may be a very annoying symptom of your 3rd trimester, having to run to the restroom every now and then can be exhausting. There's nothing you can do to avoid this, as it is very important to stay hydrated and continue the in take of fluids.
6. Pubic bone pain - or a sharp piercing vaginal pain can stress you out and make you feel very anxious. Lifting one leg at a time can become very challenging at this stage. The only cure for this is a warm compress or a rice sock on the sore spot.
7. Breast pain- the bloating of your breasts, due to the hormonal changes you're going through to prepare yourself to feed your baby may be a little painful. The only solution for this is to wear bras that don't compress your breasts, maybe go up a few cup sizes.
Consult your doctor if the above solutions don't seem to be working, or if the pain gets too intense and unbearable. Some of the other symptoms of this last phase of pregnancy maybe insomnia, lightheadedness/dizziness, contractions, and exhaustion.
It is common to go through these physical challenges during the last few weeks of pregnancy. These few downs in this rollercoaster ride you're going through may all seem too petty when your most awaited bundle of joy is wrapped around your arms in a few weeks, until then, brace yourselves with these solutions. Stay healthy, stay happy!
~"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for.”~
Want to consult the best gynecologists in India? Please find the links below.
Want to consult the best Maternity Packages in India? Please find the links below.