Umbilical Cord Stem Cell Banking
As an expectant parent, if you wish to offer the best of health to your baby, you ought to give some thought to banking your baby’s umbilical cord stem cells. The umbilical cord that your baby is born with, holds the potential to treat over 80 medical conditions, not just for your baby but for your family too.
To provide this unique protection of stem cells for your entire family, Cloudnine has partnered with India’s leading stem cell bank to bring you Cryonine. Cryonine provides world-class sample collection, logistics, lab infrastructure, processing technology, preservation and retrieval techniques to ensure that your baby’s stem cells are safe for immediate access during times of need.
What is BabyCord Share Community Cord Blood Banking?
BabyCord Share Community Cord Blood Banking is a comprehensive solution that can provide protection for your baby, siblings, parents and grandparents, shielding them against all conditions treatable by stem cells.
What are the Benefits of Community Stem Cell Banking?
1. Highest Probability of Finding Matching Stem Cells
With over 50,000 stem cell units of Indian origin being preserved every year by LifeCell (notwithstanding the existing inventory of 200,000 units which may get added to the community), the LifeCell Community Stem Cell Bank will be 10 times that of any Indian inventory by the end of 2017. In the next five years, the community is expected to grow to a stage where more than 90% of patients find a match.
2. Unlimited Withdrawals
Family members can access matching stem cells from the community bank when needed without any restrictions on number of units. This provides complete protection for the entire family.
3. Free Access
There is no additional cost for withdrawal of matching stem cells. The initial payment towards banking your baby’s stem cells at birth is the only cost you will incur.
4. Immediate Availability for Transplant
The preserved umbilical cord blood stem cells can be retrieved immediately for a transplant, without any dependency on donors’ availability or consent.
How Community Banking Works
- Parents preserve their baby’s umbilical cord stem cells with LifeCell and join the community stem cell bank.
- The stem cells retrieved from the umbilical cord become part of a collective pool of cord blood stem cell units, akin to a public stem cell bank but with restricted access within the community.
- Stem cells stored in the community stem cell bank can be accessed by any member of the community. These can be used for transplants of the baby, siblings, parents and grandparents.
- Cryonine lays special emphasis on aspects such as accreditations, customer service and assisted finance plans. The code of ethics upheld by Cryonine is uncompromising, giving you a superior standard of stem cell banking services.
Unique Cryonine Services
- Qualified counsellors to give the right information
- Specimen collections done by trained paramedics
- 24×7 specimen collection and processing
- Dual storage facility for added safety
- Free worldwide shipment during transplant
- Full refund if stem cells are released to other members.
- Free stem cell expansion as determined by physician
- Comprehensive lab reports
- Cryonine Special Programs
- Quality Assurance Program*
- Client Care Program*
- Disaster Relief Program*
How Are the Umbilical Stem Cells Collected and Preserved?
The umbilical cord blood and cord tissue can be easily collected through a simple, painless ten minute procedure after your baby’s birth. The technique poses no risks to mother or baby. Once the stem cells are extracted, they are taken to a lab, processed and preserved for the future via stem cell banking. Umbilical cord blood and tissue preservation can be done after a vaginal or caesarean birth.
Simple Steps to Preserve Your Baby’s Stem Cells at Babycord Share – Community Banking
- Enrol – Sign up and inform your doctor.
- Get Your Kit – Receive the collection kit.
- Call Us – Call us for a sample collection.
- Carry the Kit – Carry the kit to Cloudnine during delivery.
- Handover the Kit – Give the kit to Cloudnine for collection
Care that we extend
- Collection Kit – After enrolment, we will send you a collection kit.
- Collect sample – We will organise the collection of your baby’s umbilical cord blood at birth.
- Transport – Our logistics partners will safely transport your sample to our lab.
- Testing & Processing – Our specialists will test and process your samples in our lab.
- Preservation – Extracted stem cells will be preserved and certificates will be dispatched.
*To enrol, seek a client agreement from a Cryonine desk at your nearest Cloudnine facility.